The Facebook Timeline release can build your brand on a whole new level by telling a story. The release of Facebook timeline for businesses has now become more important than ever. Brands must build a unique and strong connection with fans by promoting photos, videos, and news. The engagements on Facebook is to provide interactions with your page and get people to return once they “like it”. The most important engagements that people see everyday on Facebook are the photos you post . Research by emarketer supports the use of photos to improve engagements and Timeline relies heavily on photos to help make a positive impact on a brands story.
Videos and photos provide visual and interactive engagements that boost responses to status updates. Increasing people to like, share, comment on your photos will drive more active interactions and gives your photos a better chance of showing up in the newsfeeds.
Here are some ideas that will help improve engagements to be used by any small business.
- Share an interesting photo/saying - people like to share something that find is amusing or interesting but also visually driven. Post photos or images that relate to your audience.
- Showcase work environment - what makes your company unique? There are probably some unique aspects to your office that is photo worthy including new office space, cubicles or even company work parties.
- Show your employees - small businesses should include photos and bios of people within the company that play a part in the company everyday. Photos and bios of these employees will help an audience relate to the people they talk to or interact with.
- Create screenshots - screenshots of new updates on your website or even tutorials on how to or step by step instructions will alert your audience to changes with your company or website. This will begin discussions.
- Post charts and graphs - by sharing data on your business or industry information people will reply or comment when they see changes that are occurring.
Photos get the highest engagements and have been the best way to maximize interactions with your audience. By engaging with your audience, standing out in the newsfeed and driving traffic its important to make sure you photo posts have a purpose and are related to your brand and/or industry. Providing photos that give a deeper look into your brand with informative or interesting content will ensure that you are creating an environment that promotes interactions.